From concept and design through removal, installation and on-time job fulfillment, Zickel Flooring specializes in all aspects of commercial flooring, including carpet, resilient, ceramic, stone and wood flooring.
We are dedicated to making sure our clients and potential customers have a clear understanding of what is involved in each phase of every project we undertake. Questions and inquiries are always welcome and will be addressed promptly. Contact our home office in Fenton, Missouri to initiate communications with the appropriate member of our staff.
Our design and flooring resource services include:
• Product selection and consultation
• On-staff Designer assistance
• Develop performance standards and product specifications
• Provide technical data and maintenance information
• Maintain product libraries and order samples
Our employees regularly attend major trade shows to stay current with new trends and techniques; continual interaction with manufacturers, vendors and distributors brings new ideas and design inspiration to our clients.
Zickel Flooring has been proud to lend our expertise to many of the premier architectural and revitalization projects in the Midwest. Working with architects, engineers’ designers and end users on a daily basis, we know what it takes to meet every project’s design specifications in an efficient, cost-effective way.
We work in tandem with our clients to provide the flooring quality they want within their budget parameters, comparing the costs and durability of various types of flooring to arrive at the optimal application for each project. Our long-standing relationships with manufacturers and suppliers, both at home and abroad, assure our customers of receiving first quality materials at a cost-effective price. Zickel’s in-house budgeting assistance includes:
• Site evaluations
• Take-offs (calculating needed flooring for each room or area)
• Estimates – estimating software provides detailed color plans distinguishing flooring materials specified by area, net and gross quantities, and layout diagrams.
Our union-qualified crews employ the latest techniques to thoroughly remove existing flooring and adhesives.1. Bronco Machine – mechanical removal
• Reduces labor cost
• Increases productivity
• Quiet operation
• No emissions
• Cleaner – reduces dust
• Operates in confined areas
• Operates in occupied areas
2. Bead Blasting
3. Concrete Restoration
Carpet reclamation is a service available to our clients upon request. The material is removed, picked-up from the job site, and then shipped to the manufacturers’ mill for processing. Material is then recycled, downcycled, or repurposed into a new product.
Zickel services feature floor and wall finish installation backed by well over a century of collective experience. Our expertise includes:
• Broadloom carpet and modular carpet tile (including lift system for systems furniture)
• Ceramic, natural stone, mosaic, and glass tile
• Resilient Flooring (sheet vinyl, vinyl composition tiles, and laminates)
• Natural Flooring (hardwood-pre-finished or site finished, bamboo, and cork)
• Large format stone panels
Our technicians work with your staff to assess current floor care practices and assist in identifying steps to be taken to increase product life and reduce life cycle cost.
• Provide maintenance information for products installed
• Assist with training where needed
Zickel technicians are certified installers of Ardex, UZIN, and Mapei moisture vapor reduction systems.
• Work to protect against moisture emissions from concrete sub-flooring
• Use moisture systems specifically designed for fast-track installations
• Comply with ICRI testing– International Concrete Repair Institute’s Concrete Slab Moisture testing program.
Safety and Infection Control
Zickel has a Safety Manager who is responsible for maintaining our safety program and insures we follow all OSHA safety guidelines, among other criteria:
• Follow facility procedures regarding Hot Work and Building Access.
• Provide HEPA machines and filters
• Provide temporary barriers where applicable
• Follow facility procedures on suiting up for high risk infection control areas
• We have an in-house Safety & Training program for all installers
• All our installers are OSHA Certified through an OSHA Safety Certified 10 hour Program